No have to soak to make completely cooked Star Superfood Prompt Pot Black Rice (Forbidden Rice) in Strain Cooker! This high-antioxidants, nutrient-packed historical Chinese language complete grain rice has extra spectacular well being advantages than different rice varieties. Gotta love the nutty fragrant scrumptious chew.
Keep in mind to have mouthwash prepared if you happen to’re going for an interview or first date after consuming some scrumptious Black Forbidden Rice.
Take a look at Our Handpicked Prompt Pot Equipment
No, not as a result of it’s forbidden.
However the darkish purple colour it sheds makes you appear like a child who simply completed a brain-freezing Slurpee! 😛 hehe
Don’t let this cease you from consuming like an Emperor and style this scrumptious forbidden rice although! 🙂
After experimenting batches and batches of various sorts of White Rice, Brown Rice, Sticky Rice, Wild Rice in Prompt Pot, it’s time for some historical Black Forbidden Rice!
What’s Forbidden Black Rice?
It’s believed that Black Rice was first found over 2 thousand years in the past in China.
Rumors have it that this valuable “black pearl” later grew to become reserved just for the royalty because of the scrumptious style and spectacular health-boosting vitamins.
In Chinese language tradition, Black Rice is often known as the next:
- Medicinal Rice (Chinese language: 藥米): it was confirmed to include therapeutic vitamins in Conventional Chinese language Medication practices.
- Providing Rice (Chinese language: 貢米): it was so valuable, scrumptious, and nutritious, that it was frequently gifted to the Emperor and Royalty.
- Longevity Rice (Chinese language: 壽米): because of the a number of therapeutic results & well being advantages, it’s believed that consuming Black Rice prolongs one’s life.
What Does it Look Like?
Black Rice is deep black in colour and normally turns deep purple when cooked, primarily resulting from its useful anthocyanin content material.
Good High quality Black Rice:
- Barely shiny and easy (not cracked)
- Comparatively uniform measurement (not damaged) & plump
- Tastes barely candy (shouldn’t tastes bitter, bitter, or some other bizarre tastes)
- Should you scrape off the bran hull (outermost layer), the internal grain must be white.
Style & Texture
Black Rice tastes tremendous nutty. The uniquely scrumptious aroma simply spreads in your mouth! Although the flavour is similar to Wild Rice, the feel is completely completely different (softer & much less chewy).
What’s Black Rice Good for?
Black Rice is a wholesome substitute for Noodles & White Rice. It’s additionally nice for making:
- Congee (porridge)
- Desserts (rice pudding, Chinese language black rice cake, candy soup, cake)
- Black rice wine
Black Rice Advantages
Black Rice, like Brown Rice, retains the outer bran hull layer that has been faraway from White Rice. The bran is what makes it so valuable!
Actually, Black Rice incorporates the very best quantity of antioxidants, protein, and dietary fiber of all of the rice varieties.
- Wealthy in Antioxidants – incorporates the very best degree of highly effective disease-fighting anthocyanin antioxidants
- Very Excessive Quantity of Dietary Fiber – improves digestive well being
- Substantial Mineral Content material – good supply of iron
- Accommodates extra Plant-Based mostly Protein than different widespread sorts of rice
- Cleansing – one of many therapeutic meals that assist cleanse the physique of dangerous substances
- Naturally Gluten-Free Grain
The place Can I Purchase Black Rice?
At the moment, Black Rice is probably not as widespread as White Rice, Brown Rice, and even Wild Rice. However you need to be capable to discover them in Asian Supermarkets, Specialty/Gourmand Meals Markets, or Well being Meals Shops.
*Shopping for Tip: Make sure to purchase 100% complete grain black rice to make sure you can profit from the vitamins listed above.
The right way to Retailer Black Rice?
Retailer Black Rice in a dry, cool, shaded space. It’s greatest to retailer them in a sealed setting (i.e. ziploc bag, coated stainless-steel containers).
Let’s learn how to prepare dinner black rice in Prompt Pot! 🙂