- AdBlock is great for blocking ads on websites . However, AdBlock users can’t view websites that ask them to disable that extension.
- This article tells you how you can disable AdBlock when you need to.
- Our Browsers hub includes a plethora of other articles for various web browsers .
- Explore our thorough Web & Cloud section for other articles related to this subject.
AdBlock is one of the best ad-blocking extensions for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, but also works with other browsers.
Sometimes you might need to disable AdBlock to view websites that ask you to turn off your adblocker. Another option is to make Adblock undetectable.
In this guide we will explore the processes of disabling the Adblock extension in the browsers mentioned above, so make sure to keep reading.
How can I disable AdBlock in my browser?
- Select the More tools submenu.
- Click Extensions to open the tab shown directly below.
- Click the blue toggle switch at the bottom right corner of the AdBlock extension box to turn it off.
- If you don’t want AdBlock anymore, press the Remove button to delete it.
- Click the browser’s Open menu button.
- Click Add-ons to open the Add-ons Manager for that browser.
- Then click the blue toggle switch for AdBlock to disable that add-on.
- To uninstall AdBlock, click the button shown in the shot directly below.
- Then select the Remove option.
- Click the Settings and more button at the top right of that browser’s window.
- Then click Extensions to open the tab in the shot directly below.
- If you have lots of Edge extensions, it might help to enter AdBlock in the search box.
- Click the toggle switch button at the far right of the AdBlock box to turn off the extension.
- You can also click Remove to disable Adblock by uninstalling it.
- Right-click the AdBlock icon on your browser’s toolbar to open its context menu.
- Then select the Pause on all sites option. Thereafter, you’ll see a green AdBlock icon on the toolbar as shown in the shot directly below.
- Alternatively, you can select a Pause on this site option to disable AdBlock for just the website open in your browser.
- To block ads on pages again, right-click AdBlock’s toolbar icon and select the Resume blocking ads option.
So, you can turn off AdBlock via the extension tabs in Firefox, Edge, and Google Chrome or with its Pause on options. Then you’ll be able to view websites that have anti-ad blocker scripts in those browsers again.
Last updated Nov 25, 2020
Ad blockers have become more prevalent in recent years; they are supported on browsers for nearly every platform, from Apple to Android and Mac to Windows. But while ad blockers are immensely useful, there are times you might want to disable them. If you use the Brave browser, its built-in Shields offers a simple on/off option thatвЂ™s easily accessible; for most other apps, itвЂ™s not as straightforward.
In this article, weвЂ™ll look at how and when to disable your ad blocker. Every ad blocking application or web browser with built-in ad blocking will have the option to temporarily disable ad blocking.
How ad blockers work
Ad blockers are an application, like a browser extension, that either alters or removes advertisements on a webpage. As your webpage loads, your ad blocker compares the siteвЂ™s resources against a list of blocked resources and acts accordingly.
Sometimes the advertising content is replaced with an approved ad, but other times itвЂ™s replaced with a broken link or hole.
Ad blockers actually block content in two primary ways simultaneously: by hiding an ad, or by preventing the ad from ever loading. The latter method, known as request blocking, is the most common.
As a web page loads, the ad blocker compares the list of scripts to known advertisements and advertising techniques. If the application finds a match, that request is blocked.
Why disable your ad blocker
If ad blockers prevent unwanted ads, why would you ever turn them off? There are at least two good reasons why you might want to disable your ad blocker, at least temporarily.
- To fix a broken site
Ad blockers are not perfect; occasionally, they will disable something that is not an ad. If you have a particular website that never seems to load correctly, and you are using an ad blocker, you can turn it off quickly and try loading the site again.
- To show your financial support
The Internet economy is based on surveillance and ads. Companies track your browsing habits, third-party data brokers buy and sell that information, and advertising companies build ads based on it. The whole system relies on trading your personal browsing data for access to a free Internet.
Brave fights against that old way of doing things through Brave Rewards. Brave Rewards is built on the Basic Attention Token (BAT). People who use the Brave Browser can earn tokens by viewing privacy-respecting ads. You can automatically tip a set amount each month, or give one-time tips to your favorite sites and creators. You can learn more about becoming and supporting Brave Creators here.
Basic instructions on how to disable your ad blocker
Brave reinvents the Internet economy by valuing userвЂ™s privacy and putting them in control of their data. Brave Shields blocks ads and trackers – but if you want to disable them briefly, the process is incredibly simple. HereвЂ™s how to disable your ad blocker on Brave and other browsers.
Disabling Shields requires just a click of a button. In your search bar at the top of the screen, the Shields symbol will be displayed on the right. Click it to pull up a menu; the first option is a simple toggle to turn Shields on or off.
Jump to your вЂњthree dotsвЂќ menu on the right side of your Chrome toolbar. Now youвЂ™ll have a couple of steps: scroll to the bottom of the menu to find Settings.
In Settings, you need to find the Advanced button. Click it to open a new menu.
Now you need Privacy and Security, then Site Settings. In that menu, youвЂ™ll find a tab for Ads.
In Ads, youвЂ™ll be able to turn ChromeвЂ™s ad blocker on and off.
AdBlock Plus and other third-party applications
Each application will vary slightly, but you can control any of the third-party plug-ins and extensions just like you would a normal extension. The Extensions menu is located under the вЂњthree barsвЂќ or вЂњthree dotsвЂќ menu for Brave and Chrome; most other browsers use a similar method. View our guide about browser extensions and how they work to learn more.
Brave – a new solution to the ad-blocking problem
Brave Shields save you the hassle of needing a third-party ad blocker, and BraveвЂ™s unique rewards system with BAT allows you to support content creators directly, without relying on privacy-invading ads.
And if you need to disable Shields for any reason, the process could not be simpler. Switch to Brave for a simpler, more secure browsing experience – without unwanted ads.
Which is the Best Free Ad Blocker?
Users are turning to ad blockers to make their surfing experience, cleaner, faster, and less intrusive. In this article, we’ll cover how ad-blockers work, what benefits they offer, and whether you really need one or not!
How Do I Get Rid of Pop Up Ads On My Phone?
Want to know how to block pop-up ads on your phone? We cover the steps required in this article, along with how pop-ups work on your mobile device.
Where is the Ad Blocker On Google Chrome?
In this article, we show you how to manage the Google Chrome ad blocker and look at other alternatives you may consider using.
Ready to Brave the new internet?
Brave is built by a team of privacy focused, performance oriented pioneers of the web. Help us fix browsing together.
Just read it right now
- Home »
- Useful tips »
- How do I stop websites from asking to disable AdBlock? »
Table of Contents
How do I stop websites from asking to disable AdBlock?
How to Stop Ad Blocker Detection on Websites
- How to bypass ad-blocker detection?
- Bypass Adblock Detection with CSS Manipulation.
- Disable Anti-Adblock Wall via Userscript.
- Use Tampermonkey.
- Whitelist a problematic website.
- Bypass Adblock Detection Using Incognito Mode.
- Read the Cached Version of the Page.
Why does websites say I have an AdBlock when I don t?
AdBlock Support If you have paused or disabled AdBlock or allowlisted the website, then one of two things is happening: Something else on your computer is causing the notification to appear. The test the site is using to detect ad blockers is generating a false positive (less likely).
How do I remove a site from Adblocker?
You can also manually remove the site from your allowlist:
- Click the AdBlock toolbar icon and select the gear symbol.
- On the Customize tab next to “Manually edit your filters,” click Edit.
- Delete any line containing the name of the website.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the page you were viewing and reload it.
What happens if I disable AdBlock?
You won’t see ads on websites that have poor ad experiences, like: Annoying ads with flashing graphics or autoplaying audio. Ad walls before you can see content.
How do I disable AdBlock whitelist?
With any Computerworld page open in the selected browser tab:
- On the Chrome toolbar, click the red Adblock Plus (“ABP”) icon to open its menu.
- Click “Enabled on this site” to toggle it so that it reads “Disabled on this site.”
- The Adblock Plus icon will turn gray indicating that it is temporarily off.
How do websites know I’m using AdBlock?
How do websites know I’m using an ad blocker with my browser? A. Ad-blocking extensions for desktop and mobile systems detect the advertisements a website is trying to display and stop the browser from downloading them.
Do I have an ad blocker?
On your mobile device. Mobile browsers don’t have a toolbar, so you’ll need to look in the list of installed apps or browser extensions: On your Android device, open the Samsung Internet browser, touch the menu icon (three vertical dots), and select Extensions. You should see AdBlock under “Content blockers”
Where is my ad blocker?
On your mobile device On your Android device, open the Samsung Internet browser, touch the menu icon (three vertical dots), and select Extensions. You should see AdBlock under “Content blockers”
How do I disable Adblock whitelist?
How do I block adblock?
Turn off the ad blocker
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Info .
- Tap Site settings.
- Next to “Ads,” tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Allowed.
- Reload the webpage.
How do I whitelist AdBlock?
Tap the Adblock Plus program icon to open it; on the next screen, tap the wrench and screwdriver icon on the bottom. Tap “Whitelisted Websites.” Under “Add Website to Whitelist,” paste the domain name and then tap the blue + button. Tap Continue to Site on the pop-up message you may have received from Computerworld.
How do you stop ad blocking?
Click the “Tools” menu and select “Pop-up Blocker.”. A new sub-menu will launch. Scroll down the new sub-menu and click “Turn off Pop-up Blocker” to disable the ad blocker.
How do I get rid of ad blocker?
Open Internet Explorer. Select “Tools,” and press “Manage Add-Ons”. Click “All Add-Ons” under “Show” in the window. Locate and select ” Adblock Plus ,” and select “Disable” once the application is highlighted. Click “Close” to save the settings of disabling Adblock Plus from Internet Explorer.
How do you turn Adblock off?
Microsoft Edge Click the More (…) menu and select Extensions. Point to AdBlock in the list and click the cog icon. Click On to turn AdBlock off (or click Off to turn AdBlock on).
How do you unblock ads?
If you want to unblock ads on a specific website with Opera Adblock : Right-click on the page you want to unblock ads on Select Edit Site Preferences… Go to the Content tab Uncheck Enable content blocking
Written By Chloe Turner Last updated: November 17, 2020
Technical Writing Specialist who creates different types of articles, from reviews to how-to types of articles for Mac.
If you want an efficient content filtering extension, the solution is no other than AdBlock. The extension can be utilized in major web browsers such as Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Opera. The main function of AdBlock is to block any undesirable and bothersome advertisements from popping up while surfing the Internet.
There are instances though in which some users want to find ways on how to disable AdBlock temporarily. The reason for this varies, usually, if there is a need to access a certain website.
What Are the Advantages and Drawbacks of AD Blocker Tools?
There are several ad blocker tools available in the market to choose from and they vary depending on the effectiveness and price. The ad blocker tools including AdBlock can remove automatically any unwanted online advertisements when using a web browser. Generally, it can block web banners, pop-up windows, embedded audio, and video.
The tool works by disrupting the connection between the content providers and third-party networks. The tracking scripts are blocked during web activity.
What Are the Advantages?
Generally, the tool limits the annoyance one faces when browsing the Internet. It can be a frustrating ordeal when clicking on a link, only to be presented by a pop-up that seems impossible to close.
The interruption can be reduced and browsing the web can be a continuous and pleasant experience. Furthermore, it can also cut down the loading times, improve battery life as well as increase the bandwidth of data consumption.
Other advantages include:
- Prevents tracking from ad servers. It is important to note that the ad servers not only deliver advertisements to your web browser, they can also monitor your activity online and gather a variety of personal information that is sold to third parties or can be used to send more targeted advertising.
- Declutter your browsing activity. If you are using an ad blocker tool, you will have a hassle-free online activity without any annoying pop-ups, unwanted audio and advertisements.
What Are the Drawbacks?
The tool has its share of drawbacks that you should be aware of. Initially, an ad blocker tool might block more than just the advertisements, especially websites that have in-app messaging tools or other functions.
In addition, it can also affect websites that host ads which can be detrimental to their livelihood since they depend on these advertisements for income.
Methods on how to Disable AdBlock
Depending on the web browser that you are using, there are steps that you must follow on how to disable AdBlock properly on the web browser that you are using.
Let us first take a close look at how to disable AdBlock on Chrome for the macOS. In case you are using the Chrome browser on a Windows PC or an Android or iOS device, the interface might appear slightly different but the process is still the same.
- Open your Chrome browser and proceed to Extensions. Simply tap on the three vertical dots that you can find at the right upper corner of your browser. Tap on “More Tools” and “Extension”.
- Switch off AdBlock. Remember that if you have several extensions added to your Chrome browser, it will take time to locate “AdBlock”. For those who have installed a few plugins, it is an easy task to find the AdBlock icon.
- In case you decide to remove AdBlock for good, you must tap on the “Remove” button.
Alternatively, you can tap on the AdBlock icon that you can find at the right upper corner of the interface just next to the three vertical dots and then tap on “Pause on this site”.
If you are using Safari as your main web browser on Mac, simply follow these steps on how to disable AdBlock on your device. In case you are using Safari on Windows PC or an iOS device, the interface is different but the process should be similar.
- Open your Safari browser. Tap on the Safari menu that you can find at the left upper corner of the screen and proceed to Preferences.
- Move on to the Extensions tab on the new window that pops open. Unmark AdBlock to disable it on your browser.
- In case you want to remove AdBlock permanently from Safari, you must tap on Uninstall.
Just like with Chrome, there is no need to go to Settings. You can disable AdBlock for just a single website. You can do so by finding the icon on the left side of the address bar. Tap on “Don’t run on this page” to disable its function on that specific website.
- Open your Firefox browser. Tap on Tools in the upper section of the screen. Tap on Add-ons.
- Tap on Extensions. This will open a window that showcases all your installed extensions. Look for AdBlock and disable it.
- In case you decide to remove AdBlock permanently from Firefox, you must tap on the Remove button. It is right next to Disable.
- Open your Opera browser. On the upper menu bar, you must tap on View and then on Show Extensions.
- At this point, you are going to be directed to a page that will present you with all the extensions that were installed. Look for the AdBlock plugin and tap on Disable.
- If you want to remove AdBlock permanently from your Opera browser, simply tap on the cross at the right upper corner of the white area.
- Open your Microsoft Edge browser. Tap on the three-dot icon and then on Extensions.
- Look for the AdBlock extension and tap on the geared setting icon.
- Switch off AdBlock. In case you decide to permanently remove it from your browser, you can tap on the Uninstall button.
Other Internet Browsers
Just like with other web browsers that were not mentioned, you can easily disable AdBlock without going to the settings page. In most cases, the AdBlock icon should be located at the right upper section of your web browser. Simply tap on the icon and then tap on “Pause AdBlock”.
Let’s Wrap It up
There you have it – simply check out the steps on how to disable AdBlock depending on the web browser that you are using. Generally, the method is the same for each web browser. Simply find the extension page of your browser and you have the option to disable or remove AdBlock.
Excellent Thanks for your rating.